Good evening! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday; filled with love, laughter, amazing food, and even more amazing gifts. Many of you are settling in before the new year, taking a break from reality to have some much needed fun before chaos begins again. I’m still working diligently, drafting posts and coming up with ideas; although, I’m very well relaxed, enjoying this last week of what has been a tough yet, wonderful year. As you all know, I’m always trying to work ahead; drafting posts for the following month, scheduling promotions, and getting your feedback on what I should do next. While in the zone of doing so, I had an epiphany.
I’m going to try something new with my blogging journey. Something that I hope will make it a little easier on me with my busy schedule: create a tentative break down for the entire year of 2019. There’s so many ideas in my head for amazing topics on top of discussing my everyday life. It’s hard for me to keep up with every topic that comes to mind and most times, I’m too busy to even write it down before the idea goes away. Instead of losing my thoughts, I’ve decided to give you all a sneak peak preview of my monthly ideas for 2019, something I can look back on to help me remember what content I’m supposed to be working on next:
- January – The month of motivational posts. It’s the first month of a new year and what better way to kick it off than to think about what we want to accomplish and finding the motivation and guidance to do so? I’ll be dropping some gems on how to stay motivated and plan your goals effectively.
- February – I recently did a poll on Twitter asking you all if you wanted to know about my experience with dating apps and here are the results:
Blog post idea…y’all wanna hear about my experience with dating apps?
— 𝕊𝕙𝕒𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕟𝕒 𝕄𝕠𝕟𝕚𝕢𝕦𝕖 (@ShaiennaQuinn) December 21, 2018
I had it in mind to draft this post early in the new year but, with February being the month of love, my posts will be inspired by dating, relationships, etc. So you’ll have to wait for that and much more!
- March – This month is going to kick us off with the first day of Spring. With Spring comes new awakenings as the buds of beautiful flowers bloom and the trees become full with fresh green leaves. I want to spend this month talking about growth and how you can blossom into the person you’ve always wanted to be. It’s not an overnight process but, you have to start somewhere.
- April – With the warm weather finally making a break through, I’ll be giving you all some tips on traveling affordably. We all want to be someplace where the sun is shining and temperatures are hitting the 80s. Who knows? Maybe I’ll be heading somewhere myself.
- May – With Spring making its early transition into Summer, I’ll be putting together some super cute Summer outfits and hitting the beach, the carnival, and strolling through downtown Atlanta to see all that the city has to offer.
- June – This month is the official month of Summer and also our halfway mark of the year. This is my first Summer in Atlanta so who knows just how hot it’ll be. I’ll most likely be blogging to you about how to stay cool but, have fun inside, and of course we’ll catch up on how you’re feeling halfway through 2019.
- July – Of course, this is my birthday month! This month is going to be all about me. I’m planning a special trip out of state and throughout this month, I’ll be sharing my life with you on a whole other level.
- August – As the Summer slowly declines into Fall, I’ll be sharing my Fall closet with you all. It doesn’t get as cold down here in Georgia around this time but, I’ll slowly be stocking up for the colder months and showing you the cutest trends to be chic but, warm in the upcoming Fall months.
- September – The official month of Fall is upon us. Fall, as you all should know by now, is my favorite season. It’s not too hot and not too cold. Plus, there’s apple orchards, pumpkin patches, and the many Fall flavors of coffee at Starbucks. That’s what I’ll be writing about. My experiences with these and where you can go to have the best time.
- October – The month of my favorite holiday, HALLOWEEN! I’ll be contemplating my costume idea, doing some pumpkin carving, and hitting some Halloween Bar Crawls so tune in!
- November – As the winter chill starts to come in, I’ll be in my cozy little apartment, drinking hot cider and finding new Netflix Originals. With Thanksgiving slowly approaching, I’ll be thinking of all the things I’m thankful for and wanting nothing more than to spend quality time with my friends and family. Not to mention, Thanksgiving day will be the one year anniversary for Life of Shai! There’s no telling what you’re in for.
- December – The month of the first day of Winter calls for sightseeing of the different neighborhoods showing off their most elaborate Christmas decorations. I’m speaking it into existence that I will be attending my first The Nutcracker musical and watching Polar Express on repeat. Then I’ll be heading home to my family and enjoying a nice meal with plenty of gifts. Once again, I’ll be settling down, thinking about the next year, the next chapter of my journey.
That’s the plan. Hopefully, I’ll be able to stay consistent and create content pertaining to these topics every Friday of the month; with my usual content in between. I hope your new year will be as productive and exciting as mine!